Adobe Launches Director 11
By: Brajeshwar Oinam | 2008-02-20
Adobe has announced the availability of the latest version of Director - Adobe Director 11. With Adobe Director, Multimedia Designers and Developers can author once and publish their content for the web, CD/DVD and the desktop simultaneously. It is expected to be available by March end and international versions in French, German and Japanese by June, 2008.
It will be priced at US$999 for the full product and US$299 for an upgrade from the prior three versions. Of course, the usual discount for students, educational institutions and Non-Profit organizations apply. Adobe Director 11 can be run on multiple Operating Systems - Microsoft Windows XP SP2 and above, Intel-based Mac OS X 10.4 and above. The Shockwave player, however, runs on most of the systems including the Mac OS X 10.4 PPC.
Here are some of the features of the new Director 11;
• Native 3D rendering with DirectX 9
• Advanced physics with the included AGEIA PhysX engine
• Support for Adobe Flash CS3 Professional and video created with Flash
• Unicode support, including multimode publishing
• Enhanced text rendering engine
• Bitmap filters
Some of the top features;
• Deliver more engaging experiences with the new AGEIA PhysX engine for advanced, real-world physical motion and interaction, and take advantage of native 3D rendering with DirectX 9 support. Games developers can now create more sophisticated game environments, make realistic simulations and add immersive interaction to your applications, prototypes, and simulations.
• Expand your creative options by easily importing content created with Adobe Flash CS3 Professional, including files using the ActionScript language.
• Easily localize your games, applications, demos, training courses, and prototypes for international markets with new Unicode support.
•Display smooth, crisp text with a more powerful enhanced text engine and create a wide variety of rich visual effects with bitmap filters.
See all features of Adobe Director 11.
More about Adobe Director 11.
About the Author: Brajeshwar is an ace digerati and an ardent believer of KISS (Keep It Simple Stupid), he envisions pushing the technical envelope time and again for the betterment of commercial and practical applications.